Tuesday, December 8, 2009

elimae and such

So I got into cooper renner's last edition as the overall editor of elimae, a seriously great issue. The piece there was actually a version of what I submitted to Nanoism. I'm quite elated about that turn of events.

I've been considering how to meld my love of writing with my love of video games, and I've come up with, "poem-game." I don't exactly know what that means yet, but if video games can have a narrative and thus a story, they can certainly have a non-narrative and be potentially great. I think of games like flOw, where the act of play is more focused on imagry and concept than plot and narrative. Tetris is another example. I seriously am groovy to the idea of playing "The Red Wheelbarrow." I just can't get that out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment